21 November 2006

O.J. Simpson's Book Deal Cancelled!

O.J. Simpson and his strange, random grabs for attention over the last few years (including murdering two people) are proof that reality is stranger than fiction. For example, no one in their right mind could ever have imagined that O.J. would ever be writing a memoir entitled "If I Did It", a book that would include a 'hypothetical' account of how he might have gone about murdering his ex-wife and her friend Ron Goldman. When I heard about this I thought it was a joke. But no. It's real. The book's publisher's spokeswoman even said she considered the book 'his confession', even though O.J. still insists he's innocent.

Rupert Murdoch, of the News Corporation, which owns FOX News and HarperCollins, the book's publisher, bowed to intense pressure from many people who apparently had a shred of moral fiber. So the book is cancelled and so are the interviews that would have appeared on FOX News. I for one am disappointed we can't look forward to Chris Wallace interviewing O.J., and getting up in his face about the details, though I doubt that would happen (I believe O.J.'s a Republican). Can you imagine that book and that interview, though? I can, for its entire 2-hour duration (I've got good imagination). Here's an excerpt from that interview.

Chris Wallace: So, O.J... Theorhetically, once you had the knife in your hand, would you have known what you were going to do next?
O.J.: No, Chris. I would have been a bit confused. There would have been a lot of anger running through me right then. I would have been half out of my mind and not knowing what I was going to do.
Wallace: So what would you have done next?
O.J.: Well, I think about that time I would have seen Nicole and Ron coming out from the front door. Now, remember, I loved my wife very much. And I would have never done anything to hurt her. But remember, in this instance we're talking about the theorhetical situation in which I wanted the bitch dead. A...uh...alternative universe, if you will, in which I wanted to stomp the life out of that little whore. Pardon me. Excuse me.
Wallace: I understand completely. So...whose throat would you have viciously slashed first?
O.J.: No, Chris. First I would have put on my gloves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home