11 September 2006

"Take Care" and Beerfest

Maybe it's just me, as I'm prone to thoughts like this. Did you ever stop to think about the phrase, "Take care"? It's always struck me as a kind of strange thing to say when you're parting ways. Ominous. Like, it sounds perfectly natural when it's said to me by a fellow operative before I'm about to traipse across an Afghani minefield, but sounds out of place when it's coming from the guy who's bagging my groceries. Especially if it's said in a somewhat ominous, joyless tone, almost as if they know something's going to happen to me. Part of me, the super-alert agent part of me, wants to grab the 40-year-old bagboy and put him in a chokehold and scream, "What do you know? Is there a timed C-4 delivery device in my engine block? Who do you work for?" and get all Guantanamo on him. But I know that the job's just getting to me.

Also, I saw Beerfest last night, a movie that I had the pleasure of working on for a couple of weeks earlier this year. A friend and I waited for the closing credits to see my name (pseudonym, of course, but still exciting) but to no avail; I guess I didn't merit a credit. Even a certain colleague of mine who worked on the thing from Day One to closing got no credit. It's a strange feeling being disavowed even by Hollywood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home