06 September 2006

Scary Dream This Afternoon

Just woke up from a quick nap before heading into the office. Had a very realistic dream about one of the large bridges in New York, possibly the Brooklyn Bridge, being attacked by a very large futuristic rail gun. My sister and her husband were there for some reason, and he was injured when a bit of the bridge fell on him. Many people were killed. Also, several buildings had been taken down with these weapons. I guess it was the reminiscing about the failed Teteriv bridge bombing that brought on this dream, but it got me thinking about bridges as a target for terrorists, and whether we're doing anything on our side about this. Of course there was the failed 1993 New York landmark terrorist plot, where they targeted the George Washington bridge and the PATH tunnels. But I feel like we may have gotten too complacent when it comes to our bridges. I'm going to mention this concern to Hyde when I go in today, as I'm not one to take these kinds of portents lightly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home